Copyright © 2015–19 Corduroy Shop.
All rights reserved.
— 6-day Workshop —
with Master Upholsterer
BRUNO PAULIN LOPEZ
in association with Upholstery Education
May 14 – 19, 2019
in the inspired village of Catskill, NY
IT IS WITH HUGE PLEASURE THAT CORDUROY SHOP is offering an intensive Traditional Upholstery workshop with European-trained upholsterer extraordinaire, Bruno Paulin Lopez.
His work with top museums, major interior design studios and discerning private citizens along with his knowledge of the history of furniture, combines to create an experience like no other.
Taking place in my shop/makery in the Village of Catskill in the beautiful Hudson Valley, this master class promises to be an insightful, challenging, and enriching experience. Traditional Upholstery — especially of this caliber — is rare to find in the United States. We are so happy to offer such an opportunity! It combines the best of instruction, ingredients, tools … offered at a great upstate NY location.
Suitable for the beginner and experienced upholsterer due to the intimate nature of the setting. We are extending this fantastic opportunity in association with Upholstery Education, the leader in the US for offering the highest quality instruction for traditional upholstery.
There are only five places, so once you’ve looked at your schedule we encourage you to sign up quickly! Questions? … send us an email via our contact page.
what we’ll be doing …
We’ll be building a “Tabouret Carré” (square stool), learning the skills of spring-tying, webbing, packing & sculpting horsehair, burlap (hessian) and muslin layers, stitching, pinning … and more!
This stool is an ideal introduction to traditional upholstery: in France it is often the first piece an apprentice will complete in the craft. Tradition-ally the French did not work on a bench or trestles as craftsmen in other countries did, preferring to work seated on a small stool or chair with the workpiece on the floor. This stool is thus effectively a part of the upholsterer’s “tool kit” … and it will be yours to take it home with you (or we can arrange to ship it).
CLASS FEE INCLUDES
the details …
• the workshop meets 9-4:30 each day (1 hour lunch)
• class runs Tuesday, May 14 thru Sunday, May 19
• for beginners
• for advanced upholsterers (learn improved technique)
• 6 students, +1 master, French trained instructor
• intimate setting in Corduroy Shop where textiles are recycled for home goods
• Tabouret Carré (square stool) goes home with you
• in proud association with Upholstery Education
• FEE is $2,100.00, which includes a $700 deposit
• class fee does not include
• accommodations (but we’re happy to help)
• travel to and from the class
• your own top fabric and trim
• a catered lunch is provided on the first + final days of the workshop
how to book
Complete and submit our booking form, below, then pay the non-refundable deposit of $700 via the subsequent PayPal “Buy Now” button (PayPal accepts all major credit cards; no PayPal account is required).
The balance of $1,400 will be payable no later than April 8th.
Any questions? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. A non-refundable deposit of $700 is required at time of booking. Once the deposit and booking form have been received we will confirm your place on the workshop. We would recommend that you do not make any travel arrangements until your place has been confirmed.
2. The balance of $1,400 is required no later than April 8th. Please note that failure to pay your balance by this date may result in your booking being cancelled and loss of your deposit.
3. Cancellation Charges:
• Before April 8th, 2019: $700 (deposit)
• After April 8th, 2019: full payment ($2,100)
We will accept name changes.
If we find another student willing to take your place we will refund your fees paid to date, less a $50 administration fee.
4. CORDUROY SHOP reserves the right to cancel the workshop if the minimum student number is not reached. A full refund of all monies paid would be made under these circumstances.
IMPORTANT: by submitting this booking form you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to the above Booking Terms & Conditions.